Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Bastards!!! ( it is in Webster's Dictionary), leave the MAN alone, he is just doing his thing, like most of us wish we could.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Bastards!!! ( it is in Webster's Dictionary), leave the MAN alone, he is just doing his thing, like most of us wish we could.
Did not mean the MAN, I meant Charlie Toups!! Just caught my mistake.( my fingers work faster than my brain)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just emailed all those twits listed on the Facebook page (link above). Pisses me off. It's getting way to authoritarian around here. I spent Friday in court on a backcountry skiing trespassing charge that was equally bullshit.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
That article is such bullshit. I can't believe how much tax money all of these fools are waisting ruining this man's life. He is no criminal.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Here's the part that really gets me. Ms. Wick was an officer involved in the arrest:

"The day after Toups' arrest, Lunders testified that Wick suffered a "post traumatic condition or disorder . . . that caused her heart to enlarge after the arrest."

I'm thinking that police work may not be the right line of work for her. I'd hate to see what would happen to her if she tried to arrest a real criminal. They'd probably take her piece and shove it [beeeep].

·
Registered
701 Posts
Resisting

I saw something in there about resisting. This can be a throw in to increase the brevity of the misdeed or it can be real. If he roughed up the cop, then he is screwed and lifestyle be damned, he's going down. If not, then this would have had some sort of outcome already. I guess the third alternative is that the cop is trying to claim disability and this is getting sucked into the inter department politics of that. Regardless, it's a bad situation

When you live on the fringe of society, it is easy to get run over when the system focuses it's energy at you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The "rules" he is up for they can throw us all up for. Seems a criminal thing to be born by much of this logic. This really really needs to be opposed. Who "wouldn't" tense up when being told he is being arrested, and thrown face down in the snow.

$250,000 fines no less.
Absurd! Lets recall the land of Niwot and Tabernash we now call our own.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Police State

Yep this is bullshit. This country has far too many law enforcement agencies. Jails full of people that shouldn't be there. Land of the free?

·
Registered
345 Posts
for what it's worth

this was found on another site: Just an FYI...these are not my words

I was at A-Basin about 20 feet from where he was being arrested. He was being slightly unruly and not compiling with the officers requests. They asked him several times to put his phone away and go with them and he refused. When they tried to put his hands behind his back he kept trying to hold onto his cell phone and refused to put his hands behind his back so they tackled him in the show and put cuffs on him. I think if he had just been cooperative and walked with them and put his cell phone away it would have not been such an issue.

If you can't keep your vehicle running so that you can move from one parking lot to another every few days you need to do something to rectify the situation - do some work for a mechanic in Dillon so they can fix it up or at least tow it somewhere until it can be fixed. Its pretty obvious at all the parking areas along Loveland pass that you can't park there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the alternative account. Can you post a link to the other site and maybe a link to the thread where the quote's from?

Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ban from all national parks?

I wonder if that can be done constitutionally?

If that is in fact true, they have quashed this guys ability to exist in his current lifestyle. Very sad.

·
Registered
345 Posts
there was an article in the Denver Post about him not being able to access Natl Forest etc as part of his plea...put it has since been taken down or removed from the article

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Charlie will probably roll out now............off to the Sierra Nevada I'm sure. May be he will go up to the 'boat. Take care bro, see you around.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
How many days in jail and no bail for 3 misdemeanors? Lame. I suggest we all descend upon that same parking lot and see how many of us they'll arrest. Lets give this guy some company!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts