Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a raft trip with some buds during the Memorial Day week. Would you recommend I bring my drysuit, or neoprene pants and shorty semi-dry top for this time of year. We don't deal with snow melt here in the South, so I'd like to get a recommendation. Trying to figure out my gear list for the flight out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
All depends on your personal preference. I personally get cold easily so I still wear my drysuit in the heat of the summer here in Co.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Forecast looks like showers, then partly cloudy.
Some of that discharge is snowmelt.

Go drysuit and you can always vary the thermal layers underneath. Thin polypro should do it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It’s raining here now. We are hitting the Grande Ronde River this weekend.(high water, possibly flood) going dry suits. Better to brIng it at not need it. Enjoy that section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The White Salmon water temp is always in the 40s, the snowmelt wont be a factor on the White Salmon with flow or water temp next weekend. The current weather pattern is very Spring like with showers over the next week and mid 70s in the forecast for Mem day weekend. A drysuit or neoprene is always comfortable. Right now the river is at a nice medium flow of 3' at Husum. (White Salmom just across the border in Washington state).

Have a great trip and hop on some other area gems too like the Clackamas or Klickitat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts