Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I can get a pretty good deal on and ORCA cooler through my neighbor.. The 140qt is the only size that would fit my boat well.. They are 100% made in the usa and have a Lifetime warranty.. Just wanted to know if anyone has actually used one or have experiance with them.. I think they are more popular in the south and southeast..

·
Registered
623 Posts
Buddy has one. From what I can tell, they are great quality and the ice retention is on par with other premium brands, maybe slightly better than yeti.

Dislikes: The latches. Bulky and awkward. I’m not a fan of the rubber t-handle style. I much prefer the over-center style of the Engel and Canyon coolers.

For what it’s worth, all my boating friends are converting to Canyon from other brands. A couple 103’s, a 125, and a 150.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buddy has one. From what I can tell, they are great quality and the ice retention is on par with other premium brands, maybe slightly better than yeti.

Dislikes: The latches. Bulky and awkward. I’m not a fan of the rubber t-handle style. I much prefer the over-center style of the Engel and Canyon coolers.

For what it’s worth, all my boating friends are converting to Canyon from other brands. A couple 103’s, a 125, and a 150.
Sweet, thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have two Orca coolers, a 20 and a 40. great ice retention, and the 20qt even got thrown around by a bear and you can barely tell. those T latches might be awkward but they stayed close during the bear fiasco. + the mesh pocket in the back is a nice feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.