Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed my choices down to either the Wave Sport Project 52 or the Jackson All Star. That is because I have tried everything except the Jackson and the Project 52 is my fav so far.

I am 5-9, 165lbs and a decent paddler, been at it for about 16 years with some time off while my kids got old enough to paddle.

I want a boat that will effectively 360, cartwheel, etc. etc., but I also want to front surf slow waves and be able to carve without blowing out of the wave. I am looking for a boat that will keep me playing when river levels are low. I have a bunch of boats for the various opportunities when the water is up.

I found the Project 52 awesome in steep holes, but man is it a slow pig and does not react very quickly to hip movement.

The nearest Jackson dealer is about 120 miles away. All the locals are flocking to the Jackson boats, but I think they are doing the lemming thing.

Opinions appreciated......

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am really stoked with my Project 52 and would strongly recommend it. On the contrary, I find it reacts very well to hip movements and weight transitions. It doesn't surf slow, low angle waves like yesterdays longboats, but give and take.

The ratchet backband on my 52 is half fried after two seasons. The plastic is holding up well (for now), but does seem soft.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanOrion,

Thanks for the feedback. I really like the boat too. The hip movement thing could have something to do with being in a demo boat that was not properly outfitted for my skinny @55 :)

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
i think either way you go, you will be happy. the new jacksons are nice but so is the project.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Alright, let's see:

Designed by the Michael Jordan of freestyle kayaking....check
Made of indestructible cross-linked plastic that won't break....check
Backed by exceptionally friendly and prompt warranty service......check
Money goes to awesome grass-roots, ecofriendly company....check

Use your noodle...buy the allstar. People are buying Jackson because it's the right decision to make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts