Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bought the boat and getting it rigged up. Is a tad wide....haha but it's going to be fun. It's my first time putting together a frame so I'm having a good time. Might make it a little narrower than it is now but that should be easy to do but also want to be able to use the frame on bigger tubes when the time comes to upgrade. Here's a pcture of it in it's current state.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Looking good. What is the distance between the tubes. Before you put it in the water you need to create some spreader bars for the drop tubes. If you take a lateral hit those will fold/fail without that support. Should be easy to do with lo pros and some tubes.Absolute minimum front and rear and 3 or even 4 would be better still. Will end up being kind of a nice versatlle set up. I would for sure think about getting some shorter cross bars for those tubes. The long ones pictured would be awesome for a larger set of tubes.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Bought the boat and getting it rigged up. Is a tad wide....haha but it's going to be fun. It's my first time putting together a frame so I'm having a good time. Might make it a little narrower than it is now but that should be easy to do but also want to be able to use the frame on bigger tubes when the time comes to upgrade. Here's a pcture of it in it's current state. View attachment 63979
If you don't want to cut your cross bars down yet in case you're going to run bigger tubes, just move the drop rails in so the side rails are pretty much out to the edge of the tubes.

If you want to run shorter oars just turn your oarlocks around so they are inside the side rails and tilt them up to get the correct oar angle.

·
Renaissance *******
1,346 Posts
I dont think it looks too wide. But you probably could stand to scoot the tubes in a little anyway. Do what James said and get a couple of lower bars too. The Trailhead has all that stuff in stock. Oars, Towers etc...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Little update on this one... was able to use the long bars as cross bars and bought some 80inch bars that will be able to also go on a raft but overall feeling good about the purchase. Didnt have to buy a single lowpro....

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Little update on this one... was able to use the long bars as cross bars and bought some 80inch bars that will be able to also go on a raft but overall feeling good about the purchase. Didnt have to buy a single lowpro.... View attachment 64497
Ummm, what holds the bottom rails apart! There should be two or three spreader bars in there....

21 - 28 of 28 Posts