Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know, there is amazing boating opportunities in Yellowstone National Park. It is currently illegal due to an old law to help manage fishing when the park was formed. Now it has become under review if the old law is still legitimate. There is a petition going out right now to open up the discussion in Washington. We still need a few more signatures, so please register and sign. It would be a great move forward for the boating community. Follow link below:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/allow-kayaking-yellowstone-national-park/XLs9wq2D

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan Souter
Jackson Wyoming

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
amen hopefully something good comes of the petition. get your mom your brother and your father to sign this come on people.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I won't sign this unless it prohibits commercial outfitters who have f*cked up boating on the Snake, Salmon, and other rivers for the sake of obscene profits.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I won't sign this unless it prohibits commercial outfitters who have f*cked up boating on the Snake, Salmon, and other rivers for the sake of obscene profits.
Not to be a dick but what river outfitter makes obscene profits? I have never been on the snake/salamon but I have been on many of CO and Utahs rivers and had no issues with outfitters.

I also guided on the Ark for a 2001-04 and didn't run across any outfitters making obscene profits. Most seemed to be struggling to get by with a few strong companies making a good run of it.

Outfitters may have interests that differ and even at times conflict with private boaters but they also can be a great resourse for access to rivers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping to see this petition go somewhere! Still needs a bunch more signatures and support. Surprised that its so low in numbers considering the inspirational nature pf the place.
So please sign if you haven't yet and share with others!

·
Abron Cabron
611 Posts
Plan to sign it, but stupid .gov website froze up and wont allow signatures. I made an account and everything. will check it again later. Definitely a worthy cause!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts