Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering where you guys go for open sessions? I live an equal distance between the two so thats not a problem. I know that DU is cheaper by $5. Thanks for any knowlage.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You're in luck because I happen to be the foremost expert in the lower 48 on Colorado pool sessions. The answer is DU.

In fairness, Golden has better parking and easier access into the building, but the pool is tiny and crowded. DU has tons of space, but if you show up late and the side door is closed, you'll make some new friends trying to figure out how to get inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great, thanks! I was also looking at open pool sessions in Arvada through colorado whitewater, which is a little bit cheaper, @ $9 I think vs. $15 with Renaissance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have to sign up anywhere in advance or can you just show up at Meyers pool? Great deal and long sesh! Can't wait to get in my boat, even if it is just in a pool :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Not only pool time for a great price but loads of instructional classes from kids kayaking -to- beginner kayaking -to- mental toughness -to- freestyle fundamentals with Stephen Wright current and 4-time US national freestyle champion and member of the Jackson Kayak Factory team.

Really one of the best deals all the way around.

More info here
Colorado Whitewater - Kayak Classes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts