Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the pic of Onion Creek and was looking for Beta. Thanks in advance.

Steve.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Likewise.... where is this little beauty??? Since the paddler is in a shorty and it was taken recently, im guessing its in the SE, but if its some new CO secret, wow!

Just give us a state.

Thanks.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Great little urban creeks near Austin when the water is high. Check out the Texas Whitewater book. They compare the narrows of Blanco Creek to Poudre Falls! I actually miss the limestone grottos and cool little unknown creeks on the Edwards Plateau. Bring your wire cutters and try not to get shot or snakebit. I'll be bringing my boat there the week of Thanksgiving. If things are running, I am down.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Is there really a decent chance to find things running over Thanksgiving near Austin? I'm back there almost every Thanksgiving, but never occurred to me to look for any boating.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is always the possibility of something running. There are about 3 rivers/creeks that run fairly often and don't require flash flooding. The guadalupe is dam released and at the right levels has several playholes that are totally sweet. Mexican creek(medina lake spillway) drops 265 ft/mile and when it gets up, runs for 1 or 2 weeks atleast. Then there's a playhole called rio vista that is pretty fun and it always runs. You can check out my website of pics by clicking the www button below. Check out www.paddletexas.com if you want to know more.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The Texas Rivers and Creeks are going to be running big this week (especially the next two days). For you Colorado boaters who want to check out some new areas, this is the week to go! I bet tomorrow most will be at flood stage. Any updates from the Texans that read this?

·
Banned
27 Posts
The Blanco is up. It is a very sweet run south/southwest of Austin. The Narrows portion is one of the toughest peices of water in the state. Y'all would probably run it in an innertube, though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
who would have thought, Texas of all places!

Anyone know of anything in the Dallas area? There is no natural vert there but maybe something man made?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Austin Native, Colorado boater, livin in austin now and want to go run some stuff around here. if anyone is interested please let me know at [email protected].
P.S. How do you see this pic of Onion Creek

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just scroll to the top of the screen, click on photo gallery. Last time I checked, it was the second pic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts