Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
poudre river days this weekend...poudre at 5 feet. vail go pro games also this weekend....gore creek, dowds and eagle round 900. lots of boaters paddling poudre, cant find a single paddler for vail. anybody else heading to go pro games ???

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
If you've already ran the Poudre twice at 5' this year than I would run Tigiwon to Avon. There will be plenty of boaters around with the Games and the Eagle is way fun at high water...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poudre trip came together first so sadly missing go pro.calling LG walker and coming back Saturday night to run Dumont and Kermit's Sunday.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Please go to Vail the Poudre sucks, no parking, rattle snakes, too many commercial rafters, not enough bars, absolutely no beautiful people, and zero chance of getting on TV unless you do something spectacularly stupid and they have to get Emergency Services out to rescue you.
Enjoy the crowds!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oddly enough, bridges take out and Stevens put in was a ghost town. Not a single car and never saw a single boater on the river. Guessin 5' is a Lil much for the locals.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Perhaps you should have journeyed above the narrows and checked out upper and lower Rustic, or Spencers, or the South Fork.

Oddly enough, bridges take out and Stevens put in was a ghost town. Not a single car and never saw a single boater on the river. Guessin 5' is a Lil much for the locals.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when your right- your right ! have yet to go up that high........need to check some of that out this season.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
I've always heard rustics were quite fun over 4'. Never done them at any level. I've heard there is a bridge that is a no go for oat rigs. Which stretch is this in?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Also looking for a dumont through Kermits.

720-298-2242

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
786 Posts
There were people on Stevens Down yesterday, not a ton, but we saw a few folks on our trip. Great flow - pineview is getting big.

The higher the better for rustic. At 5' they are both fun and venturing into the Class IV category. White mile on upper rustic is legitimately huge at 5' - maybe the biggest rapid in the canyon outside the narrows at that flow. Steven's is always better imo, but rustic is worth running at high water. Plus when the water is up there is plenty of time to run rustic in the morning and run Steven's in the afternoon.

The low bridge on rustic is right above the lower rustic put in at Dadd Gulch where 14 crosses the river.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Brian k has the beta on the bridge. I have seen a cataraft slide under at 5 ' but it was a tight squeeze and pilot dropped down in the water. I would say white mile is more difficult than Mish/poudre park at this level. There is also a rapid at the end of lower rustic that has some serious holes at this level.
Running Lawson meeting at 4pm in Idaho springs if people are still looking

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Banned
33 Posts
Brian k has the beta on the bridge. I have seen a cataraft slide under at 5 ' but it was a tight squeeze and pilot dropped down in the water. I would say white mile is more difficult than Mish/poudre park at this level. There is also a rapid at the end of lower rustic that has some serious holes at this level.
Running Lawson meeting at 4pm in Idaho springs if people are still looking

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
cool I'll have to check it out. Last year I think I did rustics at 4 1/4 and thought it was fun but not worth the extra drive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
try lower rustic in old days called grandpa gorge put in just below Indian meadows bridge ( the low bridge everyone talks about) check out grandpa's drop around mile marker 94.7 wants to push into bridge, good canyon above mountain park camp ground ,just after, going down river is rapid 99 at mile marker?? 99 never ran it a 5' been paddling poudre for 22 years last year and this only time I remember river over 4.75 max lucky to see that

1 - 20 of 22 Posts