Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
That NBC website is a pain. Hard to get to the video.

C-1 seems so unatural. They race in a kayak and the only difference between C-1 & K1 is the paddle. It's clear having a double ended paddle would help them.

I sure wish they would have a freestyle event in that park. Maybe some year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
thanks for the link! i was sad to have missed it on TV. As for C1, its really a whole different sport. I don't like the idea of having an on and off side but there are more differences than just the paddle. They sit on their knee's and have a high center of gravity and can pivot much faster than a k1. In some tight courses they are faster. A double bladed paddle would be completely unnatural in a C1.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not really

That NBC website is a pain. Hard to get to the video.

C-1 seems so unatural. They race in a kayak and the only difference between C-1 & K1 is the paddle. It's clear having a double ended paddle would help them.

I sure wish they would have a freestyle event in that park. Maybe some year.
Yeah the boats look a lot a like, but there are some subtle differences in design. They are also kneeling in the boat using the one paddle blade, which gives them more rotation, and more torque on the blade. its actually a lot of fun most of the time, and way more challenging for most.

As far as freestyle, its supposed to be an exhibition event in the london games which should make for a good time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts