Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the Stikine, and found that there was a movie called "Hell, and Highwater" that had one of Rob Lesser's descents in it. I tried looking for it online with no luck. That got me to thinking is there any place that has old kayaking movies streaming or for sale. Would really love to see movies that have Rob Lesser, Lars Holbeck, Conrad Fourney, Walt Blackadar, and Jimmy Holcombe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe Idaho River Sports can contact Lesser for you. & rally to get some old footage, for say... a fund raiser for IRU? or, Idaho Rivers United can rally for the cause.

I have a old VHS of a kayak & canoe trip on the Bio-Bio. ESPN documented Nolan Whitesell & his pals. A 'first descent' of OC1 paddlers on the Bio Bio. A very fun time in 1990-91. I lent it to a guy in Ft. C... ya there, Evan? He's producing a film on the Futalefu, et al rivers in danger of being dammed. Last I heard, the Rio Aysen project was delayed/post-poned/declined. That is good.

Paddle with Abandon.
Jill tip

·
Registered
305 Posts
I remember when Falling Down first came out, I was in awe of these guys. Watching it now a few things come to mind.
1.no matter how badass you think you are, people were badass before you.
2. Do more paddle twirls
3. Who has run Rock Creek lately?

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Wow, some truly amazing rivers down there, insanely beautiful country.
Makes me think I really need to make a south American boating trip( or two) happen before I die!!
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
72 Posts
One of my favorites was Corsikayak with some cool creek style pool and drop boating in Corsica in PRIJON t-slalom's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts