Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if the comm ops ever sell the s rigs and associated rubber? I would like to get a huge used round pontoon. Anybody got some insight ? I'd be equally stoked to find a round military pontoon!

Tda
SLC

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the beta. I already checked those out. I'm looking for a round raft type military boat. Or an retired commercial round middle of an s-rig

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an 18' hyside former bucket boat. That is now a donut. Have thought about biulding a mini s rig with it but i dont have the space. Would consider selling it. 2001 hyside hypalon!!

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
I'd guess they must eventually. Maybe give a call to some commercial outfitters, closer to this fall especially.I think it's Ceiba that rents the things, maybe a rental company might sell them more often.

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
Sounds like you are talking about military surplus, and those things are getting harder to find than beer on day 14 of a 15 day Grand trip.
But, they are out there. If I wanted one, I'd start with military surplus stores and outlets cause they get them occasionally, or even military surplus right from the government.
Then I'd go to the Grand Canyon outfitters, but I suspect they would rather loose permit days than give up even their warehouse queen boats. Even if they don't float anymore, they are good for scrap and what not.
Expect to pay a lot, and you damn sure better know your repair skills and what you want to do with it before you latch onto it.
Those things are like cats; you simply cannot abandon one you have acquired.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bump. tanderson, just sent you a new PM. 7-8 round (well, elongated ...) 33's available in SLC, some w/talc from original packaging still on 'em... no warehouse queens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts