Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Corsica in my garage, my first kayak from back in '93. I just got off the Upper animas and Rockwood at 1000cfs at tacoma gauge. I was paddling an old Dagger GT-kind of a "river runner/play" not great for either. It has one of those kind of flat tails, and if I lean back at all, you get to practice rear enders in just about any kind of hole. I kept thinking "next time I run something like this I'm bringing a bigger boat". I had recently run slaughter house at 750cfs in my playboat and the numbers at about 950 in my playboat and had a blast. The upper A is a LONG day, so I brought my slightly bigger GT(not big enough).

Enough boring background- for you with enough experience to remember the Corsica, what would be the advantage to getting a Burn/Rmix etc over pulling down the 10'6" Corsica for my next Upper A run? I really would rather upgrade my Dagger Crazy 88 to a looser playboat that I use all the time then spend on a seldom used River/Creeker. Is the old school Corsica worth pulling down from the rafters?

·
addict
741 Posts
The advantage of a newer creek boat is comfy outfitting and improved hull design. The corsica is ok but go try a remix, you will be stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts