Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I am considering buying this IK from a friend. It's old for sure, but I can't tell how old because the serial # is worn off. Any idea what model/vintage it is? It has Halkey Robert valves.

Are replacement bladders still available for these? Also, it doesn't have a traditional self bailing floor. It has six (or so) inch slits in the floor at all four corners. Will this bail OK? Does it need to? (This is my first IK, and I don't know shit from grease about them.)

Thanks!
B

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
How much does he want? If it was stored properly and average use. The boat might be a good start. If the material is in good condition and the boat holds air pressure. Then its just about price. You can get a new tomcat for 700 so no way would I go more than 200 for an old used aire boat in good condition. You will need to contact aire directly to know if you can get parts. Send them a pic and they will be happy to tell ya the back story.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
259 Posts
If it has Halkey valves it was made before the mid-1990's. You can use the current bladders, though they might not be a perfect fit. And the HR valves can be re-built with Summit valve parts (the ones AIRE uses for their import Trib line kayaks), which is important since there is very little chance a 25+ year old Halkey isn't leaking. If you can post a photo it might be easier to narrow down the year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts