Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at AW's site and apparently Boulder Creek was at 230 this morning and dropping fast.

According to Eddy Flower... it's at 82!!! WTF is going on here!!!!

I am going to get a visual this second.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Some creeks and rivers have multiple different gauges on them. For instance the eddyflower guage for Boulder Creek is at Orodell, which is above town. This is the proper gauge for the Buttress Section. The AW gauge is at 75th street, which is way out east. It is much higher during rain events. You can get this sort if information on your own by clicking the gauge links with your mouse.

·
Registered
79 Posts
La Poudres

Yea, I want to know what happened to the Poudre's levels too!

It went from 140ish to 40ish...

Damn farmers...They should get their water downstream after we play in it...

I wonder if they'll agree...

I love a good scrapin' regardless....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea, I want to know what happened to the Poudre's levels too!

It went from 140ish to 40ish...

Damn farmers...They should get their water downstream after we play in it...

I wonder if they'll agree...

I love a good scrapin' regardless....
That poudre gauge means squat. There is no way that I have found to tell how much water is being diverted from the canyon mouth. My guess is that they are diverting about 100cfs. Just drive on up and check out the rock if you really want to know.

With all this warm weather coming this weekend combined with the recent moisture we just had...I think its going to be enough to finally crack the poudre. My amateur prediction says, 1.6+ on the rock by the end of this weekend.:)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I know there has been concern about the flows page recently.........From a visual stand point it appears that ALL of the Lyons Gauges are right on track. The October Hole at this point in time is just about equal to the Lyons Town flow.

·
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
621 Posts
The poudre didnt drop out, there are plenty of diversions but none of them really make a difference unless your running filter plant. Once the drainage ditch is opened the flows drop at the mouth, when they let water out below bridges the flows change, when they let flows in from seamen the reading changes. Just because the guage at the mouth is reading low today doesnt mean the river is not flowing up at the narlows. Put your boat in your car and drive the 13 miles up to the rock and check it out. Anyway its really only the goods that are runnable right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts