Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been since the poudre was running in september, and my girlfriend of three years moved out on me a couple weeks ago out of the blue. Now theres only one thing to do...

I see folks are getting out on the numbers in the 200's, which suprises me but sounds fun. I'm looking for any good colorado recommendations this time of year. I'm thinking perhaps stretches on higher volume rivers like the Colorado or Yampa? Clear creek looks like a no go from climbing last weekend. Anybody ever gone to the play park in Casper this time of year? It was so big in the summer I figured it must run year long. New Mexico?

Thanks for the recommendations or if anyone wants to get out this weekend, I am game.

Ben

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
el agua, la mano el dia'

¿Donde esta' el agua?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Yep, the Ark still goes at base flow, and we got about another 100 cfs on top of that. I wouldn't do Granite right now, but Pine Creek is good to go. All of Numbers goes, but the stretch from the Numbers launch to #1 is painfully shallow. Fractions still go, as do all of the lower stretches including Browns and the Gorge. Ran Browns on Saturday with a great group. Here is a low water snapshot:

Ran the BV playpark down to Johnson Village today and had a great time....although it was quite boney at the Silver Bullet boat chute...running the Milk Run with a beginner tomorrow....

there is boating to be done on the Ark right now.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If you self-support kayak, we might have room on a Lower Yampa 3-day this weekend. As long as you don't bitch about flatwater or being cold. Friday-Saturday, PM if interested. Three times as much water as the Ark and two times as much water as anything in New Mexico. Please include in your PM why you are cool, what libations you are tolerant of, and why you make a good travel buddy when packed in a sausage wagon truck. Sooner the better, since I need to submit my participant list.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like the BV stuff when its more around 300-350ish for pine creek.

Ran a few laps on shoshone yesterday, that has no ice and good water, I would only go if your doing 3-4 laps.

The rest of the ice will be free in Gore soon.

And I agree with the above... New Mexico...

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
David,

Donde puedo encontrar el punto interrogante trostornado? No tengo en me computadora. Necessitas un 'keyboard' hecho para Espanol o hay esta applicacion en todos? Y tiene marcas como tildes and 'enyays' tambien ?

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
You are in CO, but the Owyhee just came up to 2 to 3K. The Murtaugh is in the same range.
Lochsa 1,450 and Selway 2K. The Bliss section of the Snake always runs too.

That's all I have. I am jonesing too.

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
David,

Donde puedo encontrar el punto interrogante trostornado? No tengo en me computadora. Necessitas un 'keyboard' hecho para Espanol o hay esta applicacion en todos? Y tiene marcas como tildes and 'enyays' tambien ?
Click "Start," "Control Panel."

Click "Regional and Language Options." Select the "Languages" tab. Click "Details," "Add."

Select "United States-International (keyboard layout menu)." Click "OK," "Apply."

Press the apostrophe and then the letter you want to have an accent to add an accent mark. Press the key "~" and then the letter "n" to create an "n" with a tilde.

Press and hold "ALT" along with an exclamation point or a question mark to create the upside-down version that goes at the beginning of Spanish sentences.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input everyone, I'm thinking I may need some Ark in my life. Or a trip to New Mexico...

Cutch- three day trip on the Yampa sounds stellar, but I can't swing it this weekend. But for the record I'm cool because of my recent passion for the art of sequined vests.

Freexbiker- playpark in casper is no good in the winter? I work a lot in Wyoming and I'm always thinking about stopping by the place again...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts