Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Definite maybe
1,047 Posts
Nothing beats a good cooler, dry ice and good cooler maintenance. Keep lid closed, keep in shade, wet burlap top under a wet towel. And get you dry ice at the local welding supplier. It's way cheaper, and you can buy lots more of it. 30 bucks gets me enough for a 75 and 120 qt cooler. Dry ice melts at -80 no freezer I have access to can come close to that.

·
Definite maybe
1,047 Posts
I also keep nothing but ice in the 120qt. Use that ice to fill the soft coolers for beer. Beer gets drag bagged first. I also pack with those 1.5 gallon water jugs from the dollar store. Freeze them in the coffin freezer for a week, then line the bottom of the coolers with them. This way your ice never sits in water. Last summer this set up still had ice after 12 days. Best I've found yet.

·
Definite maybe
1,047 Posts

[/QUOTE]
Why would you ever blow or agree to a sobriety test on a boat? You have not signed your rights away with implied consent laws like when you get a driver's license. Im really just a monkey with a cell phone in real life. But am I right about this? I know there are some lawyers here. I won't call you out. But I personally met 2 of yous. For me as average drunk gets in trouble again. I say don't blow. It's only evidence used against you. You never signed your rights away like your drivers license. Am I thinking ok?

·
Definite maybe
1,047 Posts
The last thing I would ever do is give a refusal. At least in Colorado if you refuse you lose your license. And YOU have to prove you were not intoxicated in court. I’d personally cut to the chase and blow. But I never drink and drive/boat/etc so it would never happen. Would see a lot of refusals when I worked in law enforcement…I never once saw it end well for an individual..
So if I was boating and drinking and refused to blow, give field sobriety, or blood I would lose my Driver's license? How I wouldn't have been driving. I was told by a ranger at Parkdale years ago that anyone who touches a paddle and a beer could potentially get a BUI. Seemed a little extreme. I think he enjoyed his position a little to much. While we were Eddie out under sledgehammer drinking a beer we got to watch that same ranger running down the train tracks after his upside-down cat. He yelled at us not to touch his boat, so we laughed and watched it float by.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts