Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I hope they are truthful about it being only a few barrels.
I wouldn't count on it, especially if there is enough to be running down a creek to San Island and still leaving a sheen on the water.

Every time I drive through that region it's wild to me they have the lines linking pump jacks just layed out over the desert.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I wouldn't count on it, especially if there is enough to be running down a creek to San Island and still leaving a sheen on the water.

Every time I drive through that region it's wild to me they have the lines linking pump jacks just layed out over the desert.
Clearly, you have spent little time in the Unitah Basin.

·
Super Moderator
4,160 Posts
At least when they're laid out above-ground, you know where they spring a leak immediately, underground they'll leak for years before anyone knows it (if ever) and contaminate the groundwater...

·
Registered
394 Posts

Clearly, you have spent little time in the Unitah Basin.
I spent a weekend there 10+ years ago since then I drive through there probably once every two years.

At least when they're laid out above-ground, you know where they spring a leak immediately, underground they'll leak for years before anyone knows it (if ever) and contaminate the groundwater...
Makes sense but it's still odd to see pipes full or petroleum seemingly half heartedy tossed out accross the desert.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds just like Slickhorn A camp in its prime (a joke as its always naturally greasy)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts