Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ogden

I don't kayak, but they have a whitewater park in town and the Weber River nearby has solid class 4's for about a mile. Check out the Utah Whitewater page. It's been raining a lot. Could look like this next spring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV0sEyaiqkE

In any case, Utah is within driving distance of Idaho or the big desert rivers like the Colorado and Green. Don't move here. It Sucks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
You will do a lot of driving.
Scrambled egg bend on the Weber. Short. IV
Upstream from scramble, two short II runs.
Logan river, a fun brief window spring run.
Murtaugh on the snake, 3 hour drive, big water IV, The army corps of engineers does a recreation release in April before anything else runs.
Alpine canyon, snake, downstream from Jackson hole. 3 hour drive. III. Dam release, so there is water in July.
Westwater
Cataract
Lochsa
You can hit a lot, if you are willing to drive.
The reason to live in Utah is the snow.
Colorado has better whitewater, but utah has better powder.

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
You will do a lot of driving.
Scrambled egg bend on the Weber. Short. IV
Upstream from scramble, two short II runs.
Logan river, a fun brief window spring run.
Murtaugh on the snake, 3 hour drive, big water IV, The army corps of engineers does a recreation release in April before anything else runs.
Alpine canyon, snake, downstream from Jackson hole. 3 hour drive. III. Dam release, so there is water in July.
Westwater
Cataract
Lochsa
You can hit a lot, if you are willing to drive.
The reason to live in Utah is the snow.
Colorado has better whitewater, but utah has better powder.
Everything is a long drive from Ogden with the exception of Scramble. I wouldn't move there unless I had a job with a lot of free time and I loved driving as much as I loved paddling.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
F*#k ya! That looks flipping awesome! Kinda want to bring my padle cat. Am preaty lucky to live in colorado, surounded by great white water, But that was F*[email protected] awesome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
May be moving to Ogden. Just checking out the boating scene.
Any beta would be appreciated.
Hey man, I live in salt lake. there is some ok padding close, but most of the good stuff is further away. If you do move to ogden, hit me up

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
www.bigwaterraft.com
66 Posts
I move back and forth between Jackson and Utah. I have not had good boating in Utah since 2011, when both the play parks in utah were blown out. Before that, the boating was pretty decent for about 5 years each spring. The season is super short though, probably shorter than Colorado's. Luckily like Daniel said, Idaho is not far away, and Jackson is great as well every year, and only a short 4 hour drive...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts