Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the rock lately? Post your visual reports here with date and time please. TR's would be nice too.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Heard second-hand that a couple guys were up in the narrows last night. Don't know the level but suspect we'll hear from them shortly. Will post if I hear anything more.

·
Registered
709 Posts
So I got the visual on the rock last night around 5:30. It's defiently up a little bit (we argued a while about whether it was 3inches or 5 inches but who really cares right?)

The upper narrows is runnable.. SC is technical and Cabbage is scrappy. Whiteline is a perfect boof.

We didn't make it past there. Evan and Brad decided to fire it up and did 2 laps on the upper and 3 runs down whiteline.. I watched since I didn't feel like getting wet. .lol.

Scott

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Whats the low cutoff point for lower narrows? What level does it start at??

·
Registered
465 Posts
Scott, thanks for the update. Couple more days...

Torch, half a foot on the rock and the lower is scrapable. I think the play features start around .8ft on the rock or so. Good times are just around the corner now.. See you up there soon!

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Niiice, thanks brah-heem. I was wonderin when this thread was gonna start. Just like clock-work baby.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw the rock at about 1.4 last night. People were running bridges and it didn't look bad. Looks like the water is still coming up today. I'm surprised the water is coming up. One week ago Joe Wright res was still very empty. They could be releasing to make room for more meltoff?Anyway, I predict 2.0 on the rock by noon today. :shock:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised either. The river's coming up fast now- 1.8ft at 8am on the rock...

To receive daily Poudre streamflow reports via email, go to: http://poudrerockreport.com/ . You will get the level at Pine View (the rock gauge), and periodic updates on North Fork, South Fork, Sportsman's, and Big South.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I would second Frenchy's recommendation about signing up for the Rock Report. If you have access to the Buzz, you probably have access to email. Otherwise this thread will be 70 pages long by June, which is ridiculous.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
El Flaco said:
I would second Frenchy's recommendation about signing up for the Rock Report. If you have access to the Buzz, you probably have access to email. Otherwise this thread will be 70 pages long by June, which is rediculous.
Thats the point Flaco. I really just want the longest thread on mountainbuzz. I already get email rock reports. Thread titles like "winter observations from the Wasatch" and "who will be the last post in this thread?" are already taken. I think it should be a sticky, so you could check the latest report each time you get on the buzz. You wouldn't have to read all the 70 pages, just look at the last one.

Kidding aside, I started this thread before the rock reports started coming and was only trying to get people exited.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Jimmy needs excitement

Jimmy, dont worry about getting us excited, what is realy important is WHO IS going to get you excited ??

Trying to get you on the river two days now !!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I didn't get one either, but my guess is that it was close to 1.9ft yesterday evening and is now above 2ft (and maybe closer to 2.5ft). Heading up to the upper canyon later today and will post a rock report when we return.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts