Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BLM has given the boating community the go ahead to paddle Gore Canyon this weekend.

However, a few points to consider:

1. There will be no racing so please paddle slow and catch every available eddy.

2. Please refrain from arriving at the takeout first as this may appear to be a racing tactic.

3. Please refrain from being the second boater to reach the takeout as this may also appear as a racing strategy and even a losing racer may be fined.

4. Do not paddle too slowly as a "slowest person" race is also a fine-able offense.

5. Boat within your abilities since there won't be any organized official safety personnel.

6. If you do set safety be sure to appear unofficial and unorganized; setting safety for an extended period of time or for an inordinate number of boaters may appear as organized.

7. Camping at Pumphouse will be allowed this weekend. If all of the available camping spots are taken when you arrive please camp somewhere else.

8. Please do not park in a way that obstructs traffic. Doing so may be a tow-able offense punishable by towing.

9. Please do not harass boaters putting on to run the Pumphouse section. These boaters are not pansies.

10. The BLM has made no mention of rampant drug use or the discharging or firearms.

Please enjoy. Dan

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
fan-TAS-tic! :D glad to hear theyre going to let us do exactly what we wanted to do in the first place!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please say yes!

I just wanna know if there's gonna be live music,.. really. If anyone wants a chicky paddler I'd offer my good energy and strength.;) ;-) :cool: :p :eek:

·
Registered
323 Posts
3. Please refrain from being the second boater to reach the takeout as this may also appear as a racing strategy and even a losing racer may be fined.

4. Do not paddle too slowly as a "slowest person" race is also a fine-able offense.
So what's the fine like? Bootie beers? A swig of Jack for the BLM rangers? I think we can handle this!:D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Time?

Would it be a faux paux to ask what time everyone is meeting? Or would that be too official as well?

Small Routt Co. crew headed that way............

·
Registered
851 Posts
Smokey- See you at Pumphouse 2 night. Also, I got a bunch of big trash bags for anyone who needs it. Keep er' clean up there.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
11. Crossing the finish line first, thats a paddling
12. Watchin other paddlers, thats a paddlin'.
13. Bringing your creek boat, thats a paddlin.
14. Bringing any firearms, paddlin'
15. Paddling the school canoe, you better believe that's a paddlin.

·
Registered
790 Posts
FLOW-

Love the 'paddlin' post! Funniest thing I've seen here in a while.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just a thought, may open up a can of worms, but maybe we could all bring some cash to pay that farmer so we could make multiple laps without the paddle in?

The guy always seems open to payment for crossing his land. We could offer him a hundo or two?

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Thanks, Meng. Jasper is a man of my own heart.

But I dont know, Smokey....of the paddling life...that sounds pretty official for such an unofficial non-race. I think a paddlin might be in order. :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts