Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Damn! that's amazing that it got caught on film! if they hadn't been breaking up that other rock I bet it would have waited to slide on traffic! Something like a big 18 wheeler would have probably set it off. nice post!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Damn amazing that no one was hurt. Amazing footage though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
HOOOOOLLLLY CRAP MAN!!! That's a lot of big ass rocks. Cool footage, thanks for posting.

The first jumbled mess of rapids was goofy before (can't remember what they're called)....looks like the put-in will be even more interesting, to say the least.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Holy moly! A bunch of us drove up that stretch to go to NOC on the Nanty in April. I don't think I want to go that way again, that shite is scary!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I moved from bama. This is big news down there. The link below is video of the slide happening. It is a news story of the first slide, small, and while the crew was out at the site the second one happened. It's from the Alabamawhitewater forum.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:38 pm Post subject: Ocoee Rock Slide Apparently there have been two recent rock slides on Hwy 64 at the putin for the middle Ocoee. Check out this video of the second slide. Heard the bottom of the ramp is covered entirely.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/nov/10/video-second-slide-keeps-ocoee-gorge-blocked/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts