Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on like Donkey Kong.... Not only are the 99% pissed and ready to give the Banksters etc what they did (and continue to do via their paid-for-pals in the three branches of this co-opted three ringed circus) to us so are we ready to give it back to them worldwide.

Some brilliant river goddess brought the issue to the ramp at Cisco. I never got a chance to thank you.

Here are pics of the folks there at the time in support of the truth.

Occupy Cisco - Occupy Cisco Rally Mountain Buzz Photos

Occupy Cisco 2 - Occupy Cisco- Group Photo Mountain Buzz Photos

For those who are part of the 1%, remember that most of us carry guns and know where you live! Run like you meant it, bitches...

d

·
SarahofTheWaves
373 Posts
Not sure if river people are considered in any of the occupy statistics.
Occupying Cisco would do more to threaten the bottom .05% than the top 1%. Just a safe place to make no point at all. And Mbuzz an even safer place to make your demands...

·
over the horizon
290 Posts
Not sure if river people are considered in any of the occupy statistics.
Occupying Cisco would do more to threaten the bottom .05% than the top 1%. Just a safe place to make no point at all. And Mbuzz an even safer place to make your demands...
How wrong you are! We shut down Cisco for several hours. Cisco. Think again about the power of that. Wall Street held its breath, Tokyo was on the edge of its seat, and the Saudis doubled down on groover futures.

Take a stand. In the middle of nowhere. In the center of everything.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice face-palm and doobage photos. Heh, I know some of these people. They never struck me as particularly revolutionary. Things change after a couple floats through the fabled westwater canyon, I suppose.

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
How wrong you are! We shut down Cisco for several hours. Cisco. Think again about the power of that. Wall Street held its breath, Tokyo was on the edge of its seat, and the Saudis doubled down on groover futures.

Take a stand. In the middle of nowhere. In the center of everything.
Wellll... we at least shut down the take out ramp- it was a mess- I'm surprised there were no fender benders there.

I like the slogan though.

Here's my thinking- while "Occupying Cisco" may not have a huge effect on the movement, the idea was that as rafters, most of us are part of the 99%, and we boycott "Wall Street" and consumerism every time we drop out for the weekend or longer where there are no stores and we co-habitate with fellow rafters and we share food, booze, gas, and stories.

Besides, it's funny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm with TakeMe....it is completely entertaining to us river scum to support the " lowest .05%", probably because we river rats are the lowest of the low. and far too base to comprehend irony. right?

it's fucking funny, and was solidly amusing. if you're not on rivers to have fun, then why the fuck are you a boater?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
C-mo, I know you know that was sarcasm. When someone starts out by saying "it's on like donkey kong" then you don't need to read into it like it's the official occupy demands. Hell, you know a handful of the people in the photo... and we aren't even shooting our guns in the air like real revolutionaries!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts