Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the following text message from Brent Toepper:

"Yo OB Joyful race thursday come and get it. No cell service up here. Can you post."

Please add to this if anyone has more details.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why don't they do this race on the w/e when they could get a cross-section of boaters rather than the extreme un-employed?

Steve.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sheeite! I'm leaving town Thursday for a buddy's wedding.
I really wanted to catch this race this year. After the buzz the Pine Creek race caused. What a blast! Kudos to FIBARK and Lefty Olson for that one.

I'll be at Gore though definitely.

-Joel

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Text message #2 from BT just a few moments ago:

"Race time is 5pm, Thursday. The water is on the high side of good. 20 clams to enter, step up to the microphone!!!"

N

·
0 Posts
:cry: The Paddler Crowd will not make it with these during the week antics. Hope the winners can live with the fact that some competitors could not make it. Real jobs can really ruin your travel schedule.

Have fun, be safe, and maybe next year we can have this sometime when people can go.

Nick Hinds

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah, the during the week thing is a bummer as its hard to make it when you have to be at work. HOWEVER, in the defense of the guys who are organizing the 'informal' race this year- they work as much or more than anyone I know. Este and Larsinogen can usually be found working 60 hour carpentry weeks and still hitting the creeks all summer. Hats off.

N

·
0 Posts
Those guys are great, don't get me wrong. Saw them this weekend and kudos for sure if they are organizing it. Really bummed to miss it again this year though. Happy lines.

Nick

·
Registered
790 Posts
Oops, my mistake, I guess the race is actually being put on by Reska, Dixie-Marie and Toepper.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks to all the people that showed up and made this great race happen. There were racers from all over the states out there today but only 2 from colorado ?????????????? I would think that even dispite the week day race there would be more than just 2 CO folk to show up. That is what sick days are for. Am I wrong? Any way cheers to Big Ryan for the win! It was a good time had by all with the fat flows!

Mike Hagadorn

·
Registered
851 Posts
There would have been two more but the race was started early (2pm I guess). Corey and I showed up at 4:15 but they said they started early because the water was on the rise. Oh well. We still had fun nuking down it at a higher level then either of us has ever done it at.

hobie

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
hobie, was that you and your buddy in the green boats? we were up there taking pictures and we followed two boaters all the way up, talked to them at heart attack. one had curly red hair and the other was kind of tall.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That was hobie and I walking up with the green boats. It was super fun even though we didnt get to race because of the high water. Me and The FOB still raced down. It was the perfect boating to driveing ratio. 4 mins of paddling for 4 hrs. of driveing.

Hope to whoop up on you boys next year when you hold the race on time.

It was still a great time and I highly recomend getting over there while there is still water.

Corey Volt

N

·
0 Posts
Maybe we can hold another Oh-be race this weekend and have some Colorado boaters compete.

Man wouldn't that be something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts