Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real curious about what OBJ is doing right now. I was dirt biking up into the upper drainages of Daisy/OB a couple weeks back and there was TONS of snow still up there.

Are we seeing a last horah melt for 04? or is this rain water bringing it up??

Anyone with local beta... please cough up the goods.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MC,

Did you notice it shoot to 400 and rising? Any idea what that is coming from? Seems that a 100+ cfs jump in a day is odd for just rain in that drainage

·
Registered
567 Posts
It had to have been a combination of melting and rains because like you said, that's a lot of CFS for just rain.
It was just at or below 300 on the gauge on Monday when I was there. Obviously it's higher now. I was doing some backpacking down there and the afternoon rainstorms have been something fierce of late. I wouldn't be surprised if most of that was indeed rain especially since the gauge is downstream a ways and picks up a few more drainages including Cement Creek.
Buzzing Double-A-Ron - you paying any attention to this chatter. A little help here!
STC to STM come in...over

·
Registered
567 Posts
From Double-A-Ron at 11:45 Wednesday:

"Only thing I can say is that it has been dumping up here for days. The
rise
is probably due to the rain finishing off all of the snowpack. Better
get
here now because it will be gone quick (like this afternoon might be
the
last hoorah."

I 2nd that. We've got drier air moving into the state tonight so things may taper off after tomorrow afternoon....who the heck knows. Pray for more rain. Lots of rain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts