Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a decent oar pogie??? I know NRS marketed one a while back and they didn’t seem popular. If not an oar specific pogie, has anyone had good luck with a particular paddle pog that works well on an oar?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Search for "Skulling Pogie" and you'll have better luck. Definitely some options from the rowing/crew/skulling world. I think most are a nylon cloth outter with a fleece lining and velcro closures. Probably some neoprene options as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Greenwave 77. You might want to consider an
ergonomic or handle that will work with a glove. Check out the non-slip grip at Gilmangrips.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Two other sports to look at: Mountain biking and snow machines. The bike ones are nice (not sure if they'll fit an oar shaft), but you'll pay the premium price because it's for the winter biking crowd. I've had good luck with ones made for snowmobiles too - musch less expensive, but just as warm. The set I bought for my bike (off amazon) would be big enough to fit over an oar shaft.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Don't know if they still sell 'em but I"ve had decent results from an old pair of NRS kayak pogies. Oar handles fit just fine but I have skinny fingers... think you could make something out of fleece-lined neoprene if you're handy. 40-50 years ago we wore wool gloves but they only lasted a few days if wet constantly...

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I tried the sculling pogies this year on the grand, they were a tad clumsey but worked, I eventually relied on Seal Skins mittens, which in addition to being waterproof, had a great grip area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts