Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like two of us from the Springs may be heading up to BV Friday night and run Numbers in the morning. It'd be nice to have one or two more if there's interest. You can email or call me, Dan at 719-440-1257.

·
Registered
418 Posts
We can meet you at the Miner's campground (upstream of railroad bridge) at 10:00 am (or later if you want). Sound OK? We know the lines well....

Jennifer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great Jennifer. I'm planning on camping there (didn't know it was called the Miner's CG) and possibly with my buddy. Do you mind meeting around 10:45-11? Although we're camped there, I had planned to buy a new paddle at CKS (they don't open until 10). It'll probably be closer to 11 by the time I purchase and return to the CG. I could buy it "after", but gotta try it out ya know?!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I like 11:00 even better - let it warm up a bit! We'll be in a blue outback or a blue avalanche. Folks call it Miner's campground bec. in the summer there are always gold panners "mining" the river there.

Jennifer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jennifer...thank you for today's history lesson! It was the assumption I made seein' the panners there from time to time. Now I know! I have a silver Dodge...see you at 11!

Dan

·
Banned
678 Posts
I wouldn't call it solid 4. I think there's a big group of us running browns saturday morning. I might be up for an afternoon numbers run. That or flailing in the play park.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I would call it 3+, with 4 maybe 5 class 4's....(1,2,4,5 & maybe 6)...

IMO this changes somewhere around 1100-1200 to all 4's.

·
Registered
298 Posts
might be willing to get in on that. trying to set something up this weekend anyway. anybody wanna throw granite in on that numbers run ??

·
Registered
185 Posts
There are 3 of us running browns tomorrow, then probably numbers on Sunday and rg on Monday. All are welcome to join. I agree with Logan, class 3+ and maybe a few 4s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lmyers, out of curiosity, how many harder rapids need to be in a run before the run's grade is moved up? I mean couldn't gore be considered a class 1 with 5 or so harder rapids?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Lmyers, out of curiosity, how many harder rapids need to be in a run before the run's grade is moved up? I mean couldn't gore be considered a class 1 with 5 or so harder rapids?
Yes....and it is highly subjective. Many people agree with me because the majority of the run is class 3 with defined harder spots. At higher flows it all blends together. If you don't agree with me then state your opinion on the difficulty of Numbers at 700-800...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Imerys, is absolutely correct in his rating of the numbers. Every run varies with water and type of craft. Not too long ago pine creek was never rafted and the numbers were rafted very rarely, and most sections of the Ark were unrunnable below flows that people are now commercially rafting today. Now it is the norm. As technology and people's ability increase ratings decrease. As great as AW is, some of there info might be out if date. We can all help to change that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts