Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
318CFS on the Granite gauge and 45 degrees,, anybody else need to shake the dust of the Holidays off?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ya I may try for an exploratory ice run later in the week. I think Thursday should be warmer again.

All the best if you go! Be safe and warm!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I doubt its open. I paddled the Numbers Christmas Day and felt like it was the last day through with the cold snap coming. I would be down for paddling this weekend if anything is open.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
The river is frozen solid under the 291 bridge 40 miles downstream from the Numbers. I went and scouted a week ago and it was BARELY passable, since then we had 2-3 days in the negative teens.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps I I got a little over hopeful seeing the 250 cfs coming in out of lower Lake Creek as I drove home from a ski yesterday. I thought that was enough to keep things open at least to BV ? Anybody have any visual info from the last couple days?

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
The recent warmth has really opened things back up. I looked at several sections below town today and they were all good to go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Making a living kept me from trying today ,, but plan on at least a road scout tomorrow on my way to the Salida playpark.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I walked along the River at Stealth,# 1, #5, #6 ,railroad bridge and Frog Rock this AM hardly any ice at all around 1/2 and 1 , at 5 and just above there is some eddy ice ,, a couple hundred yards below 5 there are at least 2 places where some current is going under ice bridges there is occasional shore ice and mid channel boulder ice throughout .and seems to get more prominent further downstream. A heads up crew could have a safe run , but I didn't see every section and please be careful! I have an errand in Salida and will rinse off in the Park but if anyone is getting on the River please post or PM me

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I forgot to mention that the road that heads North from 371 to #4 is definitely class V for a bit. 4 to 6 inches of untracked snow that was quickly turning to manck this am ,,,but yes I do drive a minivan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts