Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get out this weekend and would like some input from all the Buzzards out there. Water still great for this time of year and I am thinking about going to hit Numbers this weekend and was wondering if anyone has some beta on the low water line?

I have a Mini Max and a Paddle Cat that I will take and I am wondering how Number will be a low water with a small boat? Is it worth it? Also I have not run numbers before so I was thinking that this would be a good time to get a look at the run.

Input?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gage looks broken (Ssn??). 350 looks like the reading, that would be my absolute low for rafting, hope it holds through the weekend and you better know how to 'lowside' and be ready for some abuse, even in a minimax. There will definitely be some fun parts, don't get me wrong, but a few spots will have you question the rafting. If you know how to lowside and have a willingness for abuse, and can 'use' rocks to your advantage, then go for it, #4 will be tricky, after #6 will be tricky, random spots not completely channelized will be tricky. I would recommend Browns, the fishing is great right now. IMHO #3 to the 'grassy knoll' is the best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did it in my 11 ft sotar IK last weekend .... I also own a mini max.... im not sure I would take the mini max in there... in fact I don't think I would... that's not to say it cant be done.... but there was some very tight sections... let me know if you do it... I think you should. im sure youll be fine. just might have some interesting stories after. have someone lead you... some lines are hard to find with the low water.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd be interested in doing numbers tomorrow if you want to give it a shot. I'll be in a kayak, though. Also would consider Brown's and/or pine creek

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feed back. I think i will wait till number is a bit higher next season to take a look. It's a brand new boat so i would like to take it easy on it...for a while.

I am going to hit Browns tomorrow thebog if you want to meet up. PM if you are down and we will trade info.

Thanks again all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.