Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sun broke through mid-afternoon and we got mid 50's. Real nice ELFing at 225 with the lines defined and fluid. Ran 4 thru 7, walked the mank/slot at 5. Had a couple sweet boof to carves and some moves/strokes that happen in tight low water and bring a smile. Gorgeous day, nice level, fave run, good friend, refreshed for the week.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Running the playpark down to Johnson Village this afternoon with Jackson if you want to get on the water again today Phil. I have to work this morning, but thinking 12:30-1ish....

Logan

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
We didn't get on the water until after 2. Went nice and slow and took 2.5 hours to do the 2.5 miles.

The boat chute at the Silver Bullet was a little boney, but we managed to have a good time...

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The diurnal cycle is increasing but they just cut the Twin Lakes flow by 50cfs. That may get us under 200, at least for part of the day. The paddle into #1 is pretty scrapey at less than 200. Pine Creek is still good but I'll be hitting 4 thru 7 exclusively at these flows.

WaterFlow Announcements

·
Registered
685 Posts
Bummer, we were heading that way to paddle on Saturday. Not seeing the change in the Salida or Wellsville gauges yet? Wondering if the Royal Gorge is still good to go?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bummer, we were heading that way to paddle on Saturday. Not seeing the change in the Salida or Wellsville gauges yet? Wondering if the Royal Gorge is still good to go?
I don't know the lower reaches of the Ark at low water like I do above BV. Logan, or some others could tell you. 4 to 7, maybe a couple laps, is good ELFing at these flows.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet paddling the last 2 days. Temps pushing 60. Nice to see multiple parties on the rio yesterday. Have seen 3 smaller rafts on the rio and having fun. Watched a scary heads down pin yesterday. Thankfully, it worked out. Low water still demands respect...

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Sorry a little late with the response, but yes, the Royal Gorge is boatable in a kayak down to native/base flow. However, the lower the water the longer and more boney the float in and out of the Gorge.

Same goes for Browns. You can kayak down to base flow, but once you get below 300ish the float in from Ruby gets painfully low. Boated lower Browns a couple days ago and it was still fun....didn't have to worry about the long float in, and Seidel's and Twin Falls are still fun low. Here are a couple pics:

Seidel's-

Twin Falls-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts