Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an NRS X-long dry bag that they use? I ordered one thinking that i would put my barrel pump in it to keep out any sand/sediment, but the pump doesn't fit (base too wide).

What else have people used this for? I was thinking maybe a roll-a-table, but that doesn't really need a dry bag. Any inovative suggestions or uses would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tent or Sunsahde

Have one, it has three river seasons on it, like it just fine...

we use it for a Kelty Sunsahde which is a godsend on summer trips and a must on any summer layover days.

Also would work great for most tents...we have a Jack's Plastic bag the tent lives in...but the NRS bags are good too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
How long is the NRS x-long bag? I have a few pieces of gear that might work with it. TIA for saving me a call to NRS.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I also use it for a chair or two. It is really nice on shoulder season trips to have a dry chair. And if there is a shortage of dry bags or someone has a leaky dry bag then my chair gets wet and someone else gets dry storage.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
My barrel pump (AAA shorty) fits in my XL bag no problem. I also use an XL bag for my roll-a-cot. Putting your roll-a-table in it would probably extend the life of the table a bit with the extra protection. Plus with the carry strap on the side of the bag, it gives a little extra security for strapping the bags down to my frame siderails.
KJ

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
What? You are all soft. None of this crap needs a dry bag!!!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
My wife keeps her Hitachi Magic wand in her dry bag. Everything else can get wet and not f up the trip ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts