Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is considering trying riverboarding as opposed to kayaking....

I noted NRS has a couple riverboards, does anyone have any experience with them?
What are their limitations?

compared to the RipBoards?(which i am leaning towards just because they are locally made)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Saw a guy do the rogue last september on one. We met up with him at the tate creek waterslide and we got an opportunity to try it out in the eddy there. It seems like a ton of fun. I'm sure if he can surf he could probably get comfortable up to class iii if he can navigate. It is inflatable but feels rigid.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i saw someone at bailey fest with one.
kinda interested in what people who are running IV-V think.

The catcher shin's are prob. a good way to go. i was wondering what to wear for that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
River Boards

I have been using Carlson Boards for about 16 years. I am a fan of the length of the Carlson. You can pull yourself up to protect knees and nuts. I have run big and small water including all the rapids on the Canyon. I have never worn knee and shin guards, but on the other hand I have had water on the knee pulled out with a big needle after whacking a submerged rock.

Still looking for the perfect fins, I have used the Churchill Makapus and I have heard good things about the NRS fins as well as some fins made for Swiftwater rescue.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I'm an idiot i thought this was about SUP IGNORE MY PREVIOUS RESPONSE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts