Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there use NRS Drysuits???? Is that 210 denier TriTon fabric worthy and actually breatheable?? Trying to save a little money on not buying a $1000 Kokatat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi

I use the NRS suit - it has been fine for me. I mostly use it in my Ducky cause I get very wet in it ( not wet in the suit - I stay dry and comfy in my suit) , I have been happy with the suit.

Scott

·
Registered
216 Posts
Get the Stohlquist G-pod. It has a ton of awesome features the NRS does not like padded knees and breathable fabric booties. I have had mine for about 4 months now and am impressed more and more every day I wear it.

And it is made in the great U.S.A. Here is a video walk through of it. Stohlquist GPod Drysuit Walkthrough on Vimeo

·
Registered
93 Posts
Drysuits

Working in Alaska as a guide is the best test for drysuits. Having worked up there for 3 seasons I have seen NRS suits come and go. Sometimes being dry for a week only. The water is glacial and full of silt which is hard on gear. The Kokatat is the must durable but the gore tex socks leak after a short time.

Most people will not put this type of wear and tear on a suit but most suits don't last a season on the river up there without leaking a little.

Personally I would take a Palm or IR before NRS, with Kokatat on top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts