Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I was finally going to pull the trigger on a good 100 to 120 qt range cooler.. The big sky 123 was one I was seriously considering.. I looked at outdoor play and it was not listed.. Then looked on NRS and it was not listed... I shot them an E-mail, and they said that it has been discontinued.. They are only doing the big big coolers.. Kinda a shame I thought it was a great size... few coolers in this size span 40".. So just a heads up, that if you are looking to get one and can find it, dont wait..

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Canyon's 105 will fit between bars placed 18" apart (inside to inside) and is 35.5" wide below the lip. Not 40", but it does fill the space pretty well.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I just ordered a 105 from Canyon and Jason said they were getting slammed because NRS discontinued that cooler.

Jim

·
Registered
447 Posts
I noticed the NRS and Engle accessories, divider and wire basket, fit both coolers. The accessories are about $15 bucks cheaper when bought from Engle.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I am curious if the change has anything to do with the new ownership (employee) of NRS. With the new forged fittings and the like, maybe things are changing. I would guess they will come back with a replacement.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendors
331 Posts
The word we got as a Dealer of NRS coolers was: It is not cost effective to import containers of coolers and store them. The amount of storage it was taking vs. the profit margin was not cost affective. It was explained to us as a dealer, that it was a management decision based strictly on accounting for total costs. We are also disappointed with this decision because after dealing with all the cooler manufactures, we felt this was the best cooler for the money. We suggested they just match Engel for MSRP and wholesale prices to increase their profit margin to cover this cost of storage. So far our suggestion has not been accepted by the accounting management as a solution to the problem. We all know what not enough storage is like and also how much it costs to store large quantities of anything. We can only imagine what NRS's storage warehouse looks like.

In the mean time we have all the sizes 60 qt. through 146 in stock, and we are having a special 15% off all coolers this week during our 12th annual "Celebrate the Melt" open house. Sorry these specials are only in store sales only. Our inventory of NRS is limited and depleting rapidly.

We are restocking with Engel coolers as our NRS inventory is being depleted.

If you are in the area this week stop by and take advantage of this and other in store specials while supplies last. Click here for details.

Come on out to Salida and float the Ark. The melt is on and the river is a risin’.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Does this mean the larger sizes are only stock on hand also? I was planning on getting a 175 qt when I win the lottery.

Jim

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think they are keeping those. They where still listed on their site.. this is the email I got from them... keep in mind I was inquiring about the 123..

Hello from NRS,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, the NRS Big Sky 123 Quart has been discontinued. We do carry the*Big Sky 146 quart*and the*Igloo Marine Ultra 128*which are going to be the closest to the size of the 123. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting that they continue to stock the igloo while they stoped the nrs if stocking was an issue...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts