Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, there have been rumors flying for a month that there is going to be a release of 1200 cfs for 2 days in November in order for REP to do a hydrologic study of the Silver Bullet before beginning redesign work.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I was told by someone who said they heard it directly from Rob White's (AHRA manager) mouth....but at the same time I heard yesterday that Roy Vaughn (BOR water manager) told the Arkansas River Outfitter's Association at their last meeting that it isn't going to happen... Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

On an unrelated note, the AHRA has completed improvements to the Grassy Knoll access site. They cut back a bunch of bushes and installed a fence post staircase down to the river making it significantly easier to carry a boat in and out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've heard the same thing from reliable sources. But I cannot confirm. 1200 is going to feel huge in November!

Kara? Anyone?

·
Registered
82 Posts
We are planning to release about 1000 cfs in mid November once the Silver Bullet rebuild is completed. I will post an exact date once we are a little closer to the completion of the project.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thank you! Please let us know as soon as you guys figure out dates... I want to make sure I take those days off from work. Good luck with the rebuild.

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
No kidding, Dave, a 1000 cfs weekend release on the Ark in November would be sweet!

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure a 1000 cfs release puts the target flow for the Silver Bullet around 1200, which would likely correlate to 1300+ in Browns. A fantastic flow for anytime of the year. Hopefully the weather isn't too nasty when they decide to open the gate...

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
Imagine all boaters flocking to the Ark Valley and the economic boost provided for a weekend when it's normally dead down there....

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Imagine all boaters flocking to the Ark Valley and the economic boost provided for a weekend when it's normally dead down there....
Sounds terrible. I suggest releasing mid-week and not announcing the release at all. Just let it out and let the locals that check flows have the Ark to themselves for once! Rangers will be done for the season in November. Do we really want a bunch of Front Rangers getting their boats pinned at frigid temperatures without the AHRA rescue team around?

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
Sounds terrible. I suggest releasing mid-week and not announcing the release at all. Just let it out and let the locals that check flows have the Ark to themselves for once! Rangers will be done for the season in November. Do we really want a bunch of Front Rangers getting their boats pinned at frigid temperatures without the AHRA rescue team around?
I trolled, you took the bait. Who in their right mind would actually associate any kind of economic benefits from a bunch of dirtbag boaters dedicated enough to come to the Ark Valley in November to boat? :)

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
I trolled, you took the bait. Who in their right mind would actually associate any kind of economic benefits from a bunch of dirtbag boaters dedicated enough to come to the Ark Valley in November to boat? :)
A few hundred beers, ten tanks of gas, and a campsite fee or two. It might double BV's economy for November. ..

I'll post if I wash my car this month so you can come up and catch the runoff. ; (

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Well.... The release will be nice. And I spose a weekend release all the better. But we ain't dead down here. There's 280 cfs in the Numbers this morning and its gonna be in the 70s this afternoon. You'd have to really work at it not to have a good time on the rio today. For those that would like to join an awesome local community for a day of riding, running, boating and partying, next weekend is the second annual Day of the Dead celebration here in BV.

https://www.facebook.com/events/366230210218305/

1 - 20 of 75 Posts