Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious why Northgate isn't on the flows page, being that it starts in Colorado and all. It was running at medium levels 10 days ago and now it's too low again, around 600, (though I had a silly friend bump and grind it at 200 during hunting season last year).

Just wondering,

Deb

·
I've been wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know how to find it just fine, I've been watching it for this weekend. I'm just curious why it's not listed on Eddyflower for Colorado, on this site. I guess I'm naturally lazy and like to see everything I could possibly run, on any given day, on one page. :)

Deb

·
Registered
173 Posts
Buenos Dias Amigos!

Simple answer is, the default flow page for Mtn Buzz is Colorado. Wyoming runs are listed on WO page, NM runs listed are listed New Mexico page, etc...

Option 1 - We could deviate from that organizational structure and list specific WO and NM runs on the CO page. For that matter we could list any run from any other state as well. The problem with this approach is we already received a few complaints that the CO page contains too much info. HOWEVER, we could create a new page called BuzzardFlows, make it the default flow page, and have it house a select list of runs crossing multiple states.

Option 2 – leave it as is, user pulls up the state that has the run you are looking for. Pain in the ass if your looking at 95% of your runs in CO and just need to pull up 2 NM, and 3 WO runs/flows.

Option 3 – leave it as is, but use the FAVORITE feature. Simply check the check box to the left of the runs (across states) that you are interested in tracking, and eddyflower will automatically create you a favorites page with all checked runs (across states) in the list. Try it, it is slick!

Maybe we should start a poll and rule by democracy. I am down with what eva, lets get some consensus before we change things. PEACE :-D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Paul, just the guy I was looking for, thanks. I will try option 3, it sounds cool. I guess I always thought Northgate was a considered a CO run because of the put-in and because its listed in CO guidebooks. It's also in WY books, so that's obviously bad logic on my part. Absolutely no big deal at all, totally just curious. :)

Deb

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I would like to see a few of the NM and WY runs on the Buzz flows page (Northgate, Bluegrass, UTB, LTB, Pilar, etc.). My vote goes for some form of Option 1.

COUNT

·
Registered
75 Posts
the gage for north gate is in colorado. i have just been going to phateye i think their format is faster to look at. and by the way has the snow pack by basin for the north platte been fixed yet?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just curious why Northgate isn't on the flows page, being that it starts in Colorado and all. It was running at medium levels 10 days ago and now it's too low again, around 600, (though I had a silly friend bump and grind it at 200 during hunting season last year).

Just wondering,

Deb
if you look on the USGS page right below the phateye flows, it's the first graph on the list. might not be on eddyflower, but it's there. and for others, the northgate gauge is in CO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts