Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a job offer from Orleans California....The town is right on the Klamath River, but I was wondering if anybody could give me a general thumbs up or thumbs down about the boating in this area. Great thanks to the knowledge bank of the mountainbuzz.

·
Registered
20 Posts
weird town, awsome location for boating. You're about 45-1 hour. from Burnt Ranch. about 30 minutes from all the runs on the cal salmon. Some awsome creeks drain into the klamath out of weitchpec, plus bluff creek. In the summer you can still paddle burnt ranch and the klamath, wich isn't too bad. If you drop me an email when you move I can get you some info for paddlers out there. Charlie [email protected]

·
Registered
834 Posts
You are quite a roundabout crooked drive from the ocean there but if I were you I would learn how to surf. The surf in Humboldt County is good. Fall is best and winter is huge. I would surf at every opportunity and kayak only when the surf is crappy if I moved there. Go to the Humboldt Surf Shop in Arcata. The best surf is at the north jetty and up at Patrick's Point State Park.

Are you taking a job at a marijuana plantation?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard about the reputation of the local agricultural community in humbolt county - but I would be working for the man. I am a wildland firefighter for the forest service.

·
Registered
558 Posts
the boating up there is sick. you may have to go solo though. it is a remote area. It runs early in that area. in the main summer, you won't have much water, but you aren't too far from the sierras, as well as oregon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts