Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
I've never been within 200 miles of it, but it would seem to me like a decent sized mini excavator, and some moonlit work would do alot to improve access.

But that's pure speculation.
I think one of the big problems is, when northwash was put in it was viewed as a temporary access, never to be made permanent, cuz the reservoir being low was just a temporary thing, right?

Not being a highway engineer, but a lowly mechanical engineer instead, a person would think that it's going to take at least a good size dozer like a d8, and the way a person would create access would be to make a tiered ramp with a switchback or two in it and retaining walls, a concrete ramp by the water line for sure cuz anything that isn't permanent is just going to be washed away again.

I don't personally think that the money will ever be invested into this, or the government studies that would be necessary to make it happen will ever be funded. And then there's the whole part about private property in there too.

In my opinion, the ramp is so steep as it is right now as to render it pretty much unusable, it's certainly a safety concern. For me, I just add another 10 to 12 hours of motoring to the trip and take out at bullfrog, but I'm retired and don't have to punch a Time clock like many...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks to me like you can derig and haul it up no problem so long as you have a raft small enough that you can carry it by hand.

The Hall's Crossing Ramp ended in a cliff when I saw it a few weeks ago (water was 15feet lower then.) I wouldn't plan on that. If you're going that far, might as well go to Bullfrog and get a real ramp. Here's a pic of Halls Creek at 3524:

Cloud Sky Water Mountain Bedrock

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
Ahhh, nice to see that RRFW put out a HAYwire on it. TM is forever on top of things, especially if complaining is involved LOL...

Halls doesn't look good. As to carrying things up the steep slope, pretty OK for young guys, but many of the over 30 crew might have an issue with working that hard for that long in 100+ temps.. If you've never seen it, it's hard to get a perspective on it, it's a solid 45 degree slope, for a good distance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ahhh, nice to see that RRFW put out a HAYwire on it. TM is forever on top of things, especially if complaining is involved LOL...

Halls doesn't look good. As to carrying things up the steep slope, pretty OK for young guys, but many of the over 30 crew might have an issue with working that hard for that long in 100+ temps.. If you've never seen it, it's hard to get a perspective on it, it's a solid 45 degree slope, for a good distance.
For sure wouldn't be pleasant, but it's at least doable. From the picture posted earlier in the thread, it doesn't even look like you can get off the river at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts

LOL. Over 30 crew? Anyone in their 30's (or 40's for that matter) that can't carry some stuff needs to seriously re-evaluate their lifestyle choices.

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up.

People tell me I should act my age, but I don't know how, I've never been this old before! So, I continue to be a grumpy old man, never thought I'd be one, yet here I am, killing it!

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
that there is way more fun than should be allowed.. Does detail the incline nicely..

Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
7 P's... DIB roller tubes! Using definition of BOAT (Break Out Another Thousand) will get you out at North Wash!
One could just hire a chopper too.. I'm betting those DIB tubes, well 3 of them likely cost as much as a boat.. They used to leave them there, not sure about that any more..

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
Beach rollers for my Dories were 36 inches long, and about 12 inches tall, cost 100$ each, plastic (PVC).

I'd think one would want rubber for durability rather than plastic, which is much less expensive, and much less durable..

21 - 40 of 44 Posts