Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'1" 175lbs 11.5 feet, I'm hoping I can get some opinions from folks that paddle these boats. What size you have and what are your specs. Are there any problems or G to G? I'm on the cusp as far as the sizing chart. Thanks for the input. Matt

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Nomad is very roomy. At your weight I would go with the 8.1 unless your running huge drops or have some serious need for volume.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My best guess is the 8.1 for your size. Is there a shop near you that has both sizes in demo? If not I know Alpine Kayak does. Your best bet is to try them both. As far as the boat goes, I love the 8.5 but im 6'4 220lbs.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

·
Registered
281 Posts
i have a nomad 8.1 and have paddled it on homestake/gilman monday and the numbers and dowd chute last night...it is awesome! i am 5'9 and weigh about 185...i'm a little heavy for the boat, but it still glids very well...

hope that helps...

·
Registered
38 Posts
demo it.

Im 160 and have the 8.5 and love it. The small one didnt seem to have enough stern for me and Im used to and 8 and half long boat. The boat design is great, but the outfitting could use some improvements to be up to date with the other creekers out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts