Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting excited about the up coming paddling season, and I'm looking for some partners in crime! This is my first summer in Fort Collins, and my second season in a kayak. I would like to start on on some class II water, then move on to class III relatively quickly. I work nights and weekends, so I'm looking to go M-Th, I usually have two of those days off, and don't have to work until 4 on the other two. I've got a pickup with a topper and rack for one half of the shuttle, and a mtn bike for the other half if need be ;-) Obviously, I'm thinking the Poudre to start but I'm totally up for some trips to the rest of the state as well. I'd love to hit the pool for a little roll practice in the next few weeks, then hit the rivers as soon as the melt starts! There's gotta be some fellow "weekday warriors" out there right? Let's band together and have some fun this summer!

Peace,
Vince

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm in Denver, Class II - III paddler and want to paddle some parts of the Poudre again. Have sun, mon off. Keep in touch, let me know of any future plans.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If your ever up in Summit County stop by my shop in Frisco, there are always people looking to paddle and the Upper Colorado would be a great place for you to get to know outside your hood....

Sweet,

TMCK

·
Registered
950 Posts
Vince,

If you or anybody else is around how about lower clear creek today! (Thur). Its over 200 and we have done it at 170 and it is fun...To all you stingy boaters who won't touch it until its above 1000...Have fun sitting on your couch or at work (Whats the point of working during the week?) while I'm on the H2O :D

Gimmie a ring 970-817-1639

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depending on weather/flows, I'm planning on hitting the Lyons Play Park on Monday 4/26. I don't work till 6 that day, I was thinking of hitting it around 11 or so, but I'm flexible. What do you all think, any takers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in FOCO area. I work nights, and usually have 2-3 weekdays off. I go to the Poudre and Lyons frequently. I'll be in Lyons monday.

·
..is doing the damn thing
146 Posts
West side of FOCO here. Would love to get out with some folks during the days. Sometimes I have a car, sometimes I dont. Usually have to be back at work by 4, so that gives us tons of time! I paddle SUP, so anything over II+/III- and you got to be okay with me swimming a lot.

allancheateaux AT yahooooo DOT com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got Mon/Tue off, and I don't work 'till 6pm on Wed/Thur this week. I'd love to get out and paddle some! Who's up for getting wet?

Vince

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am in FOCO May 17th and 18th looking to paddle. I am down with whatever I guess, but I plan to bring the creeker.

I have a pm from another guy who is in too so we got a safe crew of 3 with you if you come.

·
Registered
450 Posts
in on the U-NF, I sent you a pm w/contact info.

Still lookin for Tuesday paddle sesh, perhaps middle gnarrows down?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work for the fire dept. in FC, so also have a lot of weekdays to get out and boat. I'm reasonably solid at the 3/3+ level, and can hit short pieces of 4/4- if it's not too pushy. I'd be good w/starting the season with a few laps on Filter Plant, then moving up-river to some good Class 3 runs when the flow comes up. Also, if you haven't picked up the Poudre River guide yet, it's a must-have. RMA and JAX carry it for sure. Anyhow, give a holler if you're interested in some weekday (or weekend) boating. I'll probably head up Tues. and/or Fri. Cell is nine-seven oh, 222 two 6 three 4 (gotta love this secret spy stuff).
- Kelly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lyons Meadow Park Mon 05/17 3:00pm

I'll be at Meadow Park in Lyons at 3 today with at least one other paddler. Come one, come all!

Vince

·
Registered
62 Posts
Friend and I will be at Filter Plant on Thursday. Probably about 2pm if you're interested...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kelly, I grew up in FOCO. I'm a paramedic in Denver, What station are you at? I as well have a lot of free days off, and would love to boat, I'd take you up upper mish if you'd be down, for that matter anything on the poudre. I taught kayaking in Durango for three summers. Call me sometime, if you are in the Denver area we could hit up Clear Creek.
Joe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts