Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the bad news but I thought that yall might like to know. I have been surfing the web looking around to see if there will be any releases on the dolores this year. No info on the net but I found a number and the receptionist for the Dolores River Water Co said that there would be NO releases this year. So this brings up the repeating quesiton "Who do we have to f**k to get some water on the Dolores?"

peace
tony

·
Registered
389 Posts
Find the irrigation ditch that is sending 500+ cfs to the Cortez valley from the reservoir. Push some very big boulders into it......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anything good above the dam?

I just moved here, looks like there's lots of water above the dam right now. I have CRC2, but didn't see anything in there about it, are there any good stretches between Rico & Dolores?
Thanks!

[email protected] :?:

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,257 Posts
there are really fun play waves above town
but youll need to trespass to avoid the long top part
dont trust the gauge reading because a lot of the water comes from the west fork which is below the fun but above the gauge
as for the lower runs
all one need do is look at the miles of barren mud flats on Mcfee to see that it will take some time to have enough water for them to release anything but minimal flows
the kind folks at the Dolores Water Dist. Office have always been very helpful whenever ive called to ask about releases
in the immortal words of Ed Abbey “its only a little dam, but damn it, its only a little river”

·
Registered
30 Posts
More beta?

How far up is good play? (Just surf or good to go for ends and stuff?) Git out in town?

(Yah, I saw the dam, it looks like it'll be quite some time...)

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,257 Posts
its been a few years but i think that the waves are about 10 miles up
there is a small private bridge that is down a little hill on the right
the gate has a no trespass sign on it
i park up on the road on the turnout
and take out at the next bridge a mile or so downstream
ive never been hassled in the four or five times that ive run it
most waves are fairly shallow but youll find some ends in there
good luck and let me know if its happening if you go this week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts