Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
DP/ Cinematographer
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"It kind of makes me laugh that people from Denver think they're from Colorado," said Ken Hoeve, a professional kayaker from Gypsum. "Colorado is really the mountains. As soon as you cross over the Continental Divide, that's when you're really in Colorado. Denver is just another city. It might as well be Cincinnati, as far as I'm concerned."

·
Registered
843 Posts
The last time I looked my Drivers license said Colorado. Am I dreaming? This is all a dream!!!!! See you at the pahrty, Richtor. Well like I say never trust anyone named Ken . . but now I guess anytime he steps over the divide it would be in our best interest to treat him like a true Coloradan - Vail right? Jeez gimme a friggin break. If Vail is the real Colorado we should all run. . . fast. Comments like this make me shake my head.

Kent Phillips

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's amazying how mountain men are so extreme. You guys rock. I heard how hard it is to find a condo in Eagle. Man, I just couldn't live as core as you guys do. I mean, you got a real long drive to Walmart in Silverthorne too. I just don't know how you can do it year after year. Mountain men are so rugged!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Phillips said:
Comments like this make me shake my head.
I have a similar reaction....they make my middle finger twitch and then extend.

Guess i'll start telling people i live in greater kansas now. :roll:

People always gotta feel like they are better than the rest somehow...the comment probably comes from him compensating for a small penis.

·
Registered
648 Posts
sheesh...entertain me why don't ya

Got some news for this dickhead. I remember when Vail wasn't. Vail is a made up city. an afterthought and outgrowth of the ski area, just as Beaver Creek and Avon are.

Last I checked, Denver was part of Colorado, at least I don't recall that it had been reannexed by Texas or Kansas, which by the way, most of Colorado was once part of, at least after it had been claimed, bought, stolen from France and Spain and Mexico, and let us not forget the Native Americans too.

Last I checked, wasn't Ken that 'light-in-the-loafers' looking, sometime companion of Barbie? The chick with the fake J-Lo butt, big boobs, no paddling skills and prozac smile.

argh!

·
Registered
168 Posts
You guys got that. I think what he’s saying is frontrangers shouldn’t buy dagger. We're just a small part of the "Colrado" market anyway.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Denver Post "Extreme Sports" section for the "Extreme Vail" uber jocks, f#cking lame...

·
Registered
745 Posts
LOL,Can't believe how worked up all you people get about stupid shit...Get a grip,stop the name calling and next time your in vail ask Hobie if he would mind holding the rope while you drop his shit,since chances are he will be walking....There are way to many internet tough guys on this forum...I'm sure it was a joke and it is pretty funny,makes it even better if it hit the paper....Get your fingers off the steriods and laugh a little more,jessssus...
Gary

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why ya'll gotta be a bunch of reactionary bitches? Read the article.

"It kind of makes me laugh that people from Denver think they're from Colorado," said Ken Hoeve, a professional kayaker from Gypsum. "Colorado is really the mountains. As soon as you cross over the Continental Divide, that's when you're really in Colorado. Denver is just another city. It might as well be Cincinnati, as far as I'm concerned."

Hoeve's stance in the East vs. West argument is partially in jest. As a competitor in the East vs. West kayak rodeo at the Teva Mountain Games in Vail this month, it's practically his job to spray slurs against opponents from the East. Just know the other side can sling it right back.

"Just look at the Vail whitewater park versus what we have in Golden and along the Front Range," said Gary Mullins, co-founder of the Golden Community Kayak Rodeo Series. "I don't think so."

·
Registered
518 Posts
lighten up

gotta look at the whole quote folks,

"Hoeve's stance in the East vs. West argument is partially in jest. As a competitor in the East vs. West kayak rodeo at the Teva Mountain Games in Vail this month, it's practically his job to spray slurs against opponents from the East. Just know the other side can sling it right back."

Hobie is good people, adios, atom...

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I live in Vail, but I'm following my girlfriend to D-town. Will anyone be friends with me?

Oh yea - I need a job too - but it can't suck: it has to pay ALOT and allow me to leave work every day at 3 PM so I can kayak. Any ringers?

·
Registered
68 Posts
RTFA!!!

for once I'm with Gary. It's a joke quote in a joke article. Regardless of how much doper the west side is. RTFA

·
Registered
18 Posts
christ, front rangers whining about hobie's comments need to relax a little. We all know that most "mountain boys" up round vail really just live paycheck to paycheck waiting tables or working for "the man" cleaning snow off chair lift seats as it comes by for 6 bucks an hour.

instead of dagger boycott threats about some smack talk thats obviously in jest, come back with a little smack please. for the love of all thats good and holy....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Geez.....lighten up Francis. If you don't know the guy don't talk smack (mvhyde) He's a standup guy who does a load of work for the paddling community. Like to see some of you "chat" to his face.....hope you're 6'5" and 240 lbs.
He'd eat pancakes off your head....behind the woodshed!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts