Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

Denver Water would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for allowing us to make a release of 3,000 acre-feet from Dillon to Green Mountain for the 2004 substitution. This release will take place over Labor Day weekend and will allow rafters and kayakers to enjoy high
flows on the Blue River. The Division Engineer will asses a transit loss of 1.6% for these deliveries. Due to the unintended benefit Denver Water received from the Shoshone maintenance this year, like last year, we are providing a portion of this savings to Summit and Grand counties. The transit loss will be part of this water.

Denver Water will be working with local interest, the Bureau of Reclamation, Division of Wildlife, and the State Engineers Office when making these deliveries.

Thanks for the opportunity to make the most of a limited resource,
Denver Water
-------------------------------------------

·
Registered
139 Posts
So....this means the Upper Blue will flow again?

If I'm reading this correctly it looks like they will be filling Green Mountain, but does that men they will up the release into the Lower Blue and on into Gore?

Good news for Summit/Grand/Routt boaters as the Upper is way better than the Lower, IMHO. Unless of course you're heading to Gore, which is way better than both. I'll be getting married that weekend in PA, so y'all have fun!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I saw something about this on 9News a couple of weeks ago. It would be nice to find out what all those numbers mean in CFS... something we all know and understand. :wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts
According to the Summit Daily it means 500 cfs on the upper blue through boulder canyon, beginning fri night and tapering off monday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Geezer said:
It would be nice to find out what all those numbers mean in CFS... something we all know and understand. :wink:
If they relaeased it all at once it would be 130,680,000 CFS. That would make up for the low water we've had to put up with recently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts