Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All!

I’ve been lurking around for awhile and appreciate all the helpful knowledgeable folks out there. I’ve already started adopting some tricks that I picked up on here.

I’m 28 and living in the Flathead Valley in NW Montana. I have guided for Glacier Raft up here for 4 seasons now and have also worked for Barker Ewing down in Jackson Hole for another 2 years. I started primarily whitewater canoeing 6 years ago and picked up rafting through work as well. I had a shared 14’ RMR for the last couple years that’s seen a lot of great long runs in the west. I recently sold my share of it and bought a Hyside max 12 and have taken it (and flipped it) on Hells Canyon and the Main last month. So far I’m loving the raft and think it will be perfect for my local rivers and some other low water trips on the bucket list. Gonna need some bigger cahonès for big water trips.

My biggest claim to fame is my canoe run through the Grand. Only six swims: Badger creek, North Canyon, Ruby, Hance, Deubendorf, and Doris. Ran everything else and even ran the meat on some too! Here’s my Lava run below:

http://instagr.am/p/CHs5D3bHcaj/
Anyway thanks for all the helpful information! I hope to meet up with some of you folks down the road!

Jake

·
Super Moderator
4,353 Posts
Welcome to the Buzz, JBlotter! Great to have you on board. Lots of great stuff here and folks willing to share their knowledge. I spent a summer up in Libby awhile back and loved being able to see the bottom of the rivers up there! Loved the MF Flathead, Moyie, and the after work floats and weekends camping out on the Kootenai!

-AH

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey All!

I’ve been lurking around for awhile and appreciate all the helpful knowledgeable folks out there. I’ve already started adopting some tricks that I picked up on here.

I’m 28 and living in the Flathead Valley in NW Montana. I have guided for Glacier Raft up here for 4 seasons now and have also worked for Barker Ewing down in Jackson Hole for another 2 years. I started primarily whitewater canoeing 6 years ago and picked up rafting through work as well. I had a shared 14’ RMR for the last couple years that’s seen a lot of great long runs in the west. I recently sold my share of it and bought a Hyside max 12 and have taken it (and flipped it) on Hells Canyon and the Main last month. So far I’m loving the raft and think it will be perfect for my local rivers and some other low water trips on the bucket list. Gonna need some bigger cahonès for big water trips.

My biggest claim to fame is my canoe run through the Grand. Only six swims: Badger creek, North Canyon, Ruby, Hance, Deubendorf, and Doris. Ran everything else and even ran the meat on some too! Here’s my Lava run below:

http://instagr.am/p/CHs5D3bHcaj/
Anyway thanks for all the helpful information! I hope to meet up with some of you folks down the road!

Jake
Awesome run of Lava! Is that a Caption? I have several friends who have canoed the Grand but I've only rowed it. Unfortunately my canoeing days are pretty much over thanks to very cranky knees.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome run of Lava! Is that a Caption? I have several friends who have canoed the Grand but I've only rowed it. Unfortunately my canoeing days are pretty much over thanks to very cranky knees.
Thanks! It was an amazing feeling and my adrenaline was cranked. This is a dagger genesis. Pretty forgiving boat and ideal boat for this run. Big volume and roomy so I could stretch my legs out in it. Had an electric bilge hooked up for the trip too that saved a bunch of time and effort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts