Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My roommate and I are newbies to the Kayaking scene. We are looking for people who are interested in kayaking with us, sharing equipment, equipment advice, kayaking techniques, pools to practice rolls in, lessons, advice, name it and we willing to take it, or leave it...

:mrgreen:

Danka!

B

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Welcome to the site. Check into the pool sessions in FC and that will get you started. Anybody know when open pool sessions start in FC?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
hey B,
welcome to the buzz. Most of your pool sessions are going right now.
they are meyers pool, broomfeild pool, and Confluence kayaks has a pool session with DU. I am sure there are more but I don't know of them. Also, Confluence kayaks should be able to get you set up well. They have a large selection, a knowledgable staff, and tons of information about the sport. They also have rentals and demos at a reasonable rental fee. Colorado kayakers is also another web site that can help a novice boater. The buzz is your hard core creek boater/lawyer so they tend to take it out on the new people. hang in there and keep coming back to the buzz it is a great site. And with all the bickering and B.S it will realy make you laugh.
Welcome to the buzz.
bob

PS: do not, under any circumstance post pictures of your home made nose plugs after a waterfall on the home page.

ask around this place is a trip.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Bob you forgot Longmont Sunday nights,you know the one you go to:) ,not to far from the Fort.Theyt have open pool and an insructor on hand that needs pupils.Somebody know the directions,i'm on auto pilot driving up there. 5 to 7 pm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi! Thank-you everyone that has responded to the post about us being newbies to kayaking. I have started bookmarked the web-sites and have been looking into pools. I am excited to get paddling.

Bridget :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pool Sessions

Hi Guys-- Do you have more info. on the pool sessions, like days, times, locations...I am in Ft. C. but am willing to make the drive for practice.

Bridget :-D

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
laramie wyo an hour away from you has pool session at the university every sunday. i think they can barrow gear as well if you need it but you only need a skirt paddle and boat? i don't know anything about pool session in colo, sorry. but you can give me a shout ill be running alot of the poudre this year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yay for help!

Thank-you guys! I signed up for some classes at the Mulberry pool here in the Fort. Laramie is close, younger brother actually goes to school there. Casper Mike, I am originally from WYO myself, shhhh! That was like eleven years ago now...

:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts