Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I just got a good deal on two waves sport ethos boasts and we are new to all this, will these boats be ok for us to learn in?
We are buying our gear and plan on taking a class in a few weeks so any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I don't see why not. It looks like a good boat to me. But to really answer your question we would need to know what your floating goals are. What rivers would you like to run? Lakes? Are you wanting to learn how to surf and huck endless wheels and loops? DBK

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this point we are just getting started, we will be trying to learn the basics in these boats along with just playing around on some slow moving waters and lakes but ultimately learning basic whitewater skills like rolling and that sort

·
Registered
180 Posts
Awesome, welcome to the paddling world!!!

Not sure were your located? Here at Ten Mile Creek Kayaks we offer a ton of options from learning the basics to advance training. If your in the hood, please stop by, I would love to chat about options, if not feel free to call anytime during 10am-6pm...

Welcome,

TMCK

Keep the Hairy Side Up....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm located in southern middle Tennessee

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'd say that the ethos will rock on lakes and mid to large size rivers. It is a great boat for running the Grand or multi day stuff. I have never rolled one but I don't see any issues that would prevent that boat from rolling as well as any whitewater boat. I'm sure you can front surf all kinds of waves too.

I wounld not get the boat if you're planning on running alot of smaller volume rivers with lots of 4+ water or wanting to lean hole riding skills. I like the hatch for storing lunch and gear. Good luck. Watch lots of youtube videos on kayak strokes, rolling, and bracing and that should get you in the general direction. Then its just time on the water. Welcome to the addiction.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for the help

·
Registered
127 Posts
Be prepared to shop for more boats, lol. This sport has so many options of what to learn how to paddle. If you WW paddle you will end up keeping those boats and getting more. As mentioned above those boats are good, but as you learn to surf and play you will end up with more. I have a Rogue 10 (of which I am keeping) plus a creeker plus a playboat....it is addicting for sure. Just get out there and have fun😄

1 - 8 of 8 Posts