Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for other beginner paddlers (or patient intermediate paddlers) to practice with in the FC area. If there's anyone else out there who's just starting out, and just wants to get on the water as much as humanly possible this spring and summer, let me know. I'm available weekends and weekday evenings.

I'm also looking for an outdoor practice area in or around Fort Collins, where I can practice my rolls. Any advice?

One last thing: I'm planning on going up to Summit County on May 28 for the Girls at Play tour with CKS. I'm open to carpooling if anybody else wants to go.

Thanks

-cw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I am in Fort Collins and have been paddling for a few years. There are some ponds right by my house that my wife and I practice rolls at and it seems to work out okay. I am looking at getting out on the river as soon as possible as I have not been kayaking yet this season. Always looking for more people to paddle with. Well, if you want to practice rolls this weekend, let me know. You can call me at 484-8163.

Best of Luck,
Ben

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm just starting out as well. I'm definitely down for some practicing. Drop me a line and let me know if you’re interested. My schedule is open Sun.-Thurs. afternoons.

-Stephen

·
Have paddled a Quest
102 Posts
The Colorado White Water Association is a good club to join to meet other new boaters and join trips lead by experienced paddlers. The club has over 60 trips organized for this summer, as well as three river weekend gatherings and training camp weekend in late May. Check 'em out:

CWWA

Cheers!
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts