Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Here is an updated list of available boats from Zodiac. I had been interested in purchasing an Avon 14-15 footer, but looks like that ain't gonna happen. I'm interested to see pricing and any changes (if any) from the Avon line of boats. Anybody actually have one of these?

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks for that Chefpels. Good to know. I suspect the Zodiac boats will be nearly identical in size and materials to the Avon line produced since about 2000 when Zodiac purchased the line. At that time, the boat dimenstions did not change much, but the material did. It's still high-quality material (fabric), just not the same as the original Avon double-sided hypalon. CFM, by the way, is the chemical name for hypalon, which was just a brand name. Thus, boats are still made with "hypalon" although the exact composition of different CFM materials may be different from one manufacturer to another. Yadayadayada. I only follow this because I'm an "old Avon" owner. There are lots of good boats out there now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
avon/zodiac pricing

This just in from Zodiac.
Talked to Defender and they could not find these boats, so even with pricing I'm wondering how available they really are.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts