Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After missing it for two years in a row due to work I have decided to make a big come back. Snow, sleet, or raging hangover this New Years on Shoshone is going to be a good one. The first non-event of the 07 paddling season will have free food and more at the take out of Shoshone. I am bringing the monster grill and plenty of grub for everyone. We will have the EZ up with some heaters, music, food and fun. Can't believe how fast the year has flown by! Stoked to get back at the yearly ritual.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hobie,

If I do not have kid number three by then I will bring some more supplies. May be we should build a jump and have a snow kayak huck fest down the take out steps.

See ya

Peter

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
I'm down to bring the super puma as a support beer bardge if wheather is decent. Sounds like a good old fassioned PARTaY. Let me know.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Shoshone

Sounds like a bunch of people will be meeting at our shop @ 11am and heading down from there.
More the merrier.
See you on New Year's. Until then enjoy the POW!
-Sean

·
Registered
950 Posts
For those of us that don't know....probably just me....Where is Shoshone, Whats the run like? Address of the store...with city...INFO on the party! I'm game to make it regardless of weather!

·
Registered
169 Posts
My sweet sweet lady got me a new Kokatat Rogue for X-mas, so I'll be there. Missed it out of fear of hypothermia the last couple years. Are you bringing any demo's? I wouldn't mind checking out the Nomad 8.5 if you've got one...if not, no biggie. Also, anyone know of any New Year's Eve bashes going on in that area?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Hobie,

Hey Hobie, when is the new nomads with the adjustable seat gonna be in stores. I had a 8.5 then lost some weight and have a burn now. I love them both but rip my thumb open on the edge of the burn and figured if I can move the seat forward I might go back to the nomad. Just curious.
Russell

·
Registered
950 Posts
Is anybody from the Ft Collins area going? I will be going from Greeley and am just looking for either a ride or someone to ride with me.

970-356-4890
Gannon

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope Sean's answer helped out. He has them as do a few other Colorado retailers. They started shipping a few weeks ago.

hobie

·
Super Moderator
4,208 Posts
Shoshone's probably running about 1000 cfs right now (Saturday afternoon). I figured this based on subtracting the Roaring Fork at Glenwood (490 cfs) from the Colorado below Glenwood (1500 cfs) flows.

see Statewide USGS gages here: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/co/nwis/current/?type=flow

·
Registered
950 Posts
Can anybody give me directions to AQS? I will call them but if their closed I will need directions :) I'll be working most of the day and won't be able to check the buzz before tomorrow so if you can please 970-356-4890 and if I'm not there just tell me the exit and basic directions to get there. I have never been west of Vail so I am unfamilure with the area and I looked on the AQS website and didn't find an address other than the Vail valley??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Awesome Day on the river and thanks hobie for bringing all of the food and swag. See everyone next year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts