Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a sevylor tahiti classic (inflatable) on ebay over the weekend. My motive for buying it was for A friend in Tennessee. We're planning to run a class ll river in july,and the only craft he has is a 17' canoe. So I thought it would be a good idea get him something more stable,and easier to lug around. I spoke with a guy from an outfitter last year about inflatable kayaks,and he told me that they sprayed a polyurethane coat on the bottom of their yaks inorder to protect them better. Does anyone one here know anything about this like what type to use , spray or brush , or should I not do it at all.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
My guess would be 303 and its a spray on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
spray 303 all over the boat and wipe down with a cloth. do it a couple of times a year. The Tahiti can be fun but it is not very durable. Avoid sharp rocks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I thought the 303 was mostly sunscreen, with a little vinyl thrown in? it doesn't actually "add" a coating does it?

I bet there's something you could get, try AAA inflatable repair in denver, they seemed very knowlageable and helpful!'

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right,i'm looking for extra protection against punctures,rocks & root wads oh my. where can I find this gakoflex stuff?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts